Monday Morning Roundup: Latest Search Headlines (Oct 8 2012)Posted 8 October 2012 by Shepherd
The top news story for the past week has to be Google’s latest penguin data refresh adding to the search engine giant’s ceaseless blow by blow assault on below board SEO practices. It has been announced that it will be effecting about 0.3 percent of English language search queries and will also roll on other languages like Italian, French and Spanish. Penguin, coupled with allies Panda, EMD and an ever increasing number of other filters & updates, continues to question SEO’s credibility as a valid marketing tactic in modern times.
Latest on Search Engine Land
- Google Penguin Update 3 Released, Impacts 0.3% Of English-Language Queries
- Bing now Handpicks New Writers for its Sidebar.
- The EMD Update: Like Panda & Penguin, Expect Further Refreshes To Come
- Google’s August & September Updates: Panda, Knowledge Graph, Page Quality & SafeSearch
- Google Panda Update 20 Released, 2.4% Of English Queries Impacted
- Google Updates Their Webmaster Guidelines To Include Details On Rich Snippet Abuse
Latest on SEOMOZ Blog.
- The Exact Match Domain Playbook: A Guide and Best Practices for EMDs
- Why Big Content Is Worth the Risk
Latest on SEO Book
Latest on SEJ
Latest on Search Engine Watch
- Why Do Some Sites Rank Faster Than Others?
- Google Penguin Refresh Completes Trilogy of Search Terror for SEOs
- Google Crisis Response: From Search Engine to Information Provider
- Page Quality, Local & Ranking Changes Top List of 65 Latest Google Search Updates
- Google’s Knowledge Graph: Implications for Search & SEO
Latest on SEO Chat
Latest on Google Webmaster Central Blog
Latest on Webmaster World
- Google: 65 Search Quality Changes For August and September
- Next Generation SEO
- Panda 20 Full Update 2012-09-27 – mixes with EMD changes
- Google Updates and SERP Changes – October 2012
- Google Spring Cleaning Shuts Down AdSense for Feeds, Classic Plus Search